One Pot Chicken Rice and Beans
- 4-6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts diced
- 1.5 cups White Jasmine Rice
- 1 can Black Beans - no sodium rinsed and drained
- 1 cup Organic Canned Corn
- 1 small Yellow Onion finely diced
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 TBLS Ground Cumin
- 1 small Green Bell Pepper diced
- 1 small Red Bell Pepper diced
- 3 TBLS OIive Oil
- 3 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1 cup Chicken Stock - low sodium
- 1 cup Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese reserve a half a cup for garnish
- Optional to garnish with sour cream
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cilantro minced
1. In a large saute pan add 2 TBLS olive oil. Season the chicken well with salt and pepper. Once the pan is hot sear the chicken for about 5 minutes. Flip the chicken and allow it to cook for 2 minutes on the other side. Place the chicken on a plate. 2. In the same saute pan add the remaining olive oil. Add the onions, bell peppers, and garlic. Add a few pinches of salt. Let this cook for about 3 minutes until it becomes fragrant. 3. Add the corn, black beans, and rice. Give the dish a stir or two. Add 1 cup of chicken stock and 1 cup of water.Give the dish a stir again. Season the dish with more a few pinches of salt and a dash of pepper. Add the seared chicken back to the pot. Bring the dish to a boil. Once at a boil cover the pot and lower the heat to low. Let this cook for 18 minutes. 4. Once cooked stir in the cilantro and cheese. Serve warm and garnish with shredded cheese. Enjoy!
- The recipe will keep in airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- This recipe makes for a great freezer friendly meal. Stays good in the freezer for up to 2 months.