1. Melt the coconut oil and mix it together in a bowl with the coconut and maple syrup.
2. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Pour in the coconut mixture and with a spatula even layer it on the parchment paper. Place this in the freezer for 15 minutes for it to set.
3. Meanwhile melt the dark chocolate chips either in a double boiler or in the microwave. Once the coconut base has set remove it from the freezer. With a sharp knife (sounds redundant but make sure the knife is SUPER sharp) and cut 7-8 even bars.
4. Dip the bottom of each coconut bar into the melted dark chocolate. Remove any excess. Place back on the parchment but the coconut side down. Once you have completed them all place them back in the freezer for the chocolate to set. This takes about 3-5 minutes.
5. To finish the almond joys, dip the half of an almond in the chocolate and place it on the coconut side of the bar. Continue until each bar has about 4-5 almonds. Finish the easy almond joy bars with a drizzle of the dark chocolate and enjoy!!!