1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a square 8x8 baking tray with foil.
2. In a bowl mash the 3 bananas. Set this bowl aside.
3. In a stand mixer cream together the room temperature butter and sugar. Let this mix together for about 45 seconds. Then using a spatula scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl. Add the eggs, vanilla extract, and mashed bananas. Mix together until well blended, about 30 seconds on medium speed.
4. In a separate mixing bowl measure and mix together the all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt. With the stand mixer on low begin to stream the dry mixture into the mixing bowl. Once a batter is formed turn the stand mixer off. Fold in the chocolate chips. Pour the banana bread chocolate batter into the foil lined baking pan. Using the spatula even out the top of the cake. Scatter an extra hand-full of chocolate chip on top of the cake.
5. Bake the cake for 30-34 minutes until the center of the cake is baked. Check with a toothpick and if the toothpick comes out clean then the banana chocolate chip cake is baked. Let the cake rest for 10 minutes. Then lift the foil out of the pan. Using a sharp knife cut the banana chocolate chip cake into squares and enjoy warm.