1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a stand mixer cream together the butter and sugars. Let this cream together for about 1-2 minutes until nice and smooth the consistency. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
3. Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix until the egg yolk breaks.
4. In a separate bowl measure and mix together the flours, baking powder, and sea salt. With the stand mixer on low begin to add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Keep mixing until a smooth batter is formed. Fold in the chocolate chunks and pieces.
5. Using an ice cream scooper scoop even amounts of batter. Gently roll into a ball and gently flatten with the palm of your hand. Make sure to leave 2 inches of space between the cookies. Bake for 10-12 minutes until just golden. Allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes before serving.