I am big believer in treating yourself. Making something sweet during the week is a great thing to look forward to. Like these Whole Wheat Fudge Brownies. Typically you think brownies, and loads of sugar, butter, calories, and a dessert that just isn’t that great for you.
Instead of saying no all the time to dessert because you want to make sure you stay healthy and trim you can now make these scrumptious better for you delights. Brownies, well anything chocolate to me is a weakness. I have chocolate always in the house. Actually I have a dessert or 2 always in y fridge or pantry. One because I enjoy them, and two because giving yourself a little something sweet to enjoy is perfectly okay.
These whole wheat fudge brownies are one of the best ooey gooey brownies you can make. Filled with plenty of fiber from the whole wheat flour these brownies are better for you dessert. There is still some sugar, because chocolate is bitter. You have to cut that bitter flavor with something sweet like sugar. Adding a bit of sugar will help make this dessert taste better but I promise that this recipe doesn’t call for tons of sugar. So it isn’t a bad and unhealthy to dessert to keep around in your house.
Whole Wheat Fudge Brownies
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate, melted
- 6 TBLS Butter melted with chocolate
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Cane Sugar
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Chocolate chips or Chocolate Chunks optionals
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease an 8×8 baking pan. Set this to the side. 2. Melt the chocolate and butter together over a double boiler. Once the chocolate and butter are melted set this aside to cool slightly. 3. In a stand mixer add the brown and cane sugar. Once the melted chocolate has cooled slightly add that mixture into the stand mixer. Mix on low for 2 minutes. Then add the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix until combined, about 30 seconds. 4. In separate bowl add the whole wheat flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder. With the stand mixer on slowly stream in the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until a gooey batter is formed. If adding chocolate chips, fold them into the batter. Pour the brownies batter into the greased 8×8 baking pan and bake for 21-25 minutes, until the center is fully cooked. 5. Remove the brownies from the oven and allow them to completely cool before serving. Enjoy!