Nutrition and dessert, can that actually work together? The answer is YES! Let’s dive in with this Single Serving Molten Chocolate Lava Cake.
When you hear dessert, you probably think…
Unhealthy, fattening, calories, sugar, “I shouldn’t”, not good for me, no thanks
A key part of balance is learning how to incorporate all foods. Dessert being one of them. Dessert when served in an appropriate serving. Making ramekin mug cakes is a great dessert idea. The fact that you can make just one doesn’t tempt you. Because we are all on the see-food diet. We see food, we eat food. So instead of being tempted with an entire cake, if self-control around sweets is something you struggle with, a mug cake is the way to go.
Bonus, mug cakes don’t take hours to prepare and bake. This recipes takes less than 5 minutes. You know I am all about time saving recipes here at A Taste of Wellbeing.
Not everything you eat has to have a nutritional benefit. WHAT??? Is a nutritionist actually saying that? Yes I am! The reason being is that if you only see food 100% as nutrition you miss out on the enjoyment of food. Personally, I find dessert to be one of those enjoyments. I can probably guess that most everyone does too. When you just see food as nutrition we miss out on the fun, and make eating and food extremely rigid. A part of balanced eating and healthy eating is to enjoy your foods, meals, and desserts.
So go make your Single Serving Molten Chocolate Mug Cake and enjoy it!
Single Serving Molten Chocolate Mug Cake
- less than 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 TBLS Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 TBLS Milk
- 2 TBLS Melted Butter
- 1/4-1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1.5 TBLS Cane Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- pinch Salt
- 1 oz Dark Chocolate best to use baking chocolate
- 1. In the mug or ramekin mix together the butter, milk, vanilla extract, and egg until the egg is well mixed. 2. Add in the dry ingredients except the chocolate. Mix together to make a smooth batter. 3. In the center add the chopped dark chocolate and dark chocolate chips. 4. Microwave for 65 seconds. 5. Careful removing the mug or ramekin it will be hot. Let it sit for 1 minute and serve and enjoy! Enjoy!
Leave a Comment