Shrimp Rainbow Veggie Fried Cauliflower Rice is a healthier and vegetable packed traditional Chinese recipe. Today is the Lunar New Year. What does that mean? That means, that today is a new year for the lunar calendar and traditionally the Chinese culture.
So to celebrate I wanted to share with you all a better healthier more fiber rich and vegetable loaded recipe. This Shrimp Rainbow Veggie Fried Cauliflower Rice is a quick and flavorful meal ready in 15 minutes. That sounds like my kind of weeknight meal. Quick, healthy, and filled with so many scrumptious flavors.
Fried rice is basically a no waste kind of recipe. This means that day old rice, or 2 day old is “fried”, really pan-fried on a hot wok or pan with a light oil and mixed in with a variety of vegetables. Typically to make the dish more substantial and heartier eggs are added to bind the dish. Of course it is your choice if you want to add an egg to your fried rice.
This cauliflower fried rice is of course a take on that classic recipe. Instead of using day old white rice I am swapping it for cauliflower rice. This gives your dish more fiber and nutrients. To add some more protein to make this a wholesome one pot meal I added shrimp to the recipe. Shrimp Rainbow Veggie Fried Cauliflower Rice is seriously so easy and delicious. Love making this on the regular.
Shrimp Rainbow Veggie Fried Cauliflower Rice
- 1 bag Cauliflower Rice I used Trader Joe’s Brand
- 1 lb Peeled and Deveined Shrimp
- 1 tsp Fresh Ginger minced
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce, Tamari, or Shoyu
- 2 TBLS Flavorless Oil canola or vegetable
- 2 cup Broccoli Florets
- 1/4 cup Red Bell Pepper diced
- 1/2 cup Canned Corn, no salt rinsed and drained
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 3 large Eggs optional
- 1 bunch Scallions minced for garnish
- 1. Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Set this aside. 2. In a dutch oven, wok, or ceramic pot add the oil over medium-high heat. Once hot add the broccoli, red pepper, and corn. Saute this for 1-2 minutes. Add the shrimp and the ginger, stir the ingredients together and allow this to cook for 3-4 minutes. 3. Lower the heat to medium and now add the cauliflower rice. Make sure to mix everything together and allow for the ingredients to cook for 5 minutes. Once the shrimp have turned pink and curled, meaning they are cooked, lower the heat to low and add the soy sauce. Mix everything together well. 4. If you are adding the eggs, crack them into a bowl, whisk and add into the pot, stir the ingredients about until the eggs cook and scramble. 5. When you are ready to serve garnish with fresh scallions and serve hot. Enjoy!