These are the most delicious cookie clusters ever! Seriously this recipe is so healthy and really really really good (for you). These cookie clusters have everything from oats, chocolate chunks, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, chopped pecans, and crunchy almond butter.
What is a cookie cluster? Well really it is something I just made up. But it is like a drop cookie. Because these cookies are so dense and not filled with butter they stay more like a clump of cookie rather than spread out. These are butter less and oil less cookies. Instead I used crunchy almond butter and an egg to bind everything together. There are so many dense ingredients that they turned into more of a cluster than a spread out gooey cookie.
That makes these cookie clusters awesome for those on the go kind of moments, for a breakfast cookie, or a fun little travel snack. Anytime I am on the go I always like to have something homemade and wholesome. This is always a better option than making those pit stops for a snack in the middle of the day. Having one of these super yummy and wholesome nutritionally rich cookie clusters is the way to go.
Added bonus these oat chocolate chia cookie clusters are gluten free. I used gluten free rolled oats and gluten free mix flour. So no need to worry about these cookies having gluten. We are obsessed with these cookie clusters in our house.
If you want a wholesome and hearty breakfast option add this cookie to a bowl of greek yogurt and berries. Enjoy for a dessert with some vanilla ice cream. You can also go classic and enjoy a cookie cluster or 2 with a glass of cold milk. Bottom line, just enjoy a healthy and super flavorful wholesome cookie cluster!
Oat Chocolate Chia Seed Cookie Clusters
- 1 1/4 cup Gluten free Rolled Oats
- 1/4 cup Gluten Free Flour Mix I used Arrowhead Mills
- 1/3 cup Crunchy Almond Butter
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup or you can swap for honey or half maple syrup and half honey
- 1/4 cup Chopped Pecans
- 1/4 cup Raw Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/4 cup Dried Cranberries
- 2 TBLS Chia Seeds
- 1/4 cup Dark Chocolate Chunks
- 1 large Eggs
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking tray with parchment paper. Set this aside. 2. In a stand mixer mix together the oats, gluten free flour, maple syrup, egg, and almond butter. A thick batter will be formed. 3. Using a spatula fold in the pumpkin seeds, pecans, chia seeds, dried cranberries, and chocolate chunks. 4. Using a small ice cream scooper dollop and drop the cookie clusters on the parchment lined baking tray. Bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes. Allow the cookie clusters to cool for 10-15 minutes. Store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to eat. Keeps in the fridge for up to 1 week.