Sheet pan recipes are a favorite of mine for me and my husband but also one I highly recommend to clients. There is nothing more simple than a sheet pan dinner. This Mediterranean Chicken and Vegetable Sheet Pan is powerhouse of flavor and nutrients.
When it comes to a sheet pan a balance of nutrients is what you want. Which means, proteins, carbohydrates, and fats. The 3 macronutrients. You don’t have to eat all 3 at every single meal. Most is ideal. That ensures your body is receiving all the essential nutrients (protein, carbohydrates, and fats) to make your body function and stay healthy.
When your body is balanced from a meal one of the most important benefits is that your insulin levels don’t spike. It is more of controlled and small rise, and natural dip. Protein, fat, and fiber allow for this controlled blood sugar. Controlling blood sugar is vital for less inflammation, less hunger attacks in the day, less erratic hormone releases, better sleep, and less stress. Making sure at your meals you have your meal balanced with protein, fiber, and fats ensures this.
No one wants to eat a boring meal. When it comes to weight loss so many diet plans have the good ‘ole boring chicken breast with broccoli. That meal can get old really fast. When that happens that usually means, you “fall off” your diet.
The whole point of starting a healthy journey isn’t to suffer through boring tasteless meals and go through with the diet until you get bored. The goal is to continue the lifestyle forever. That is what I teach and guide all my clients on. It is about creating life-long habits that work. One of the best habits to create is to prepare flavorful meals. Just like this sheet pan.
Adding loads of flavor in the form of variety of ingredients, like this recipe. Which is filled with artichokes, potatoes, olives, lemon, bell peppers, garlic and onions. Each bite you get a different flavor, which makes you the eater engaged and excited to eat.
Adding herbs, lemon, and spices also turns up the volume on the flavor of your meal. Don’t be afraid to add flavor to your meal, you will be ever so glad you did!
Mediterranean Chicken and Vegetable Sheet Pan
- sheet pan
- 1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 2 lbs Mixed Tricolor Petite Potatoes halved
- 1 can Halved Artichokes in water rinsed and drained
- 1 – 2 Green Bell Peppers diced
- 1 Yellow Onion diced
- 1/4 cup Green Olives halved
- 15 sprigs Fresh Mint chopped
- 5 sprigs Fresh Oregano rough chop
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Lemons 1 juiced and 1 sliced
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 3 oz Crumbled Feta Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the potatoes and vegetables and place in a bowl. Add salt, pepper, and half the olive oil.Gently toss together and place on a sheet pan.
- In a bowl add the chicken thighs with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, lemon juice from 1 lemon, dried oregano and fresh rough chopped oregano, and the remaining olive oil. Add the chicken to the sheet pan with the vegetables and potatoes. Add half of the other lemon sliced to the sheet pan.
- Bake the sheet pan for 30-35 minutes until the chicken is cooked all the way and the potatoes are cooked and crispy. If using bone-in chicken baker for 40-45 minutes.
- Once cooked carefully remove and garnish with feta cheese, mint leaves, and the extra lemon slices. Enjoy!