Welcome to my website! I hope you enjoy exploring all the delicious recipes I have prepared.

Chicken & Sausage Bolognese In Spaghetti Squash

My clients seem to ask me right from the start, "What is the healthiest diet?". Well there is no such thing as the healthiest diet, but there is such a thing as an unhealthy diet. Diet is your daily intake of food. We all diet, every day, we all eat, but this idea of dieting has caused more problems than solutions. But to answer the question, it is about balance. We live, eat, and exercise for well-being. That is, a state of balance. No, we may not be in a state of balance 24/7, but if we achieve well-being 85-90% of the time and moderately indulge the other 15-10% then that is an enjoyable and achievable state of well-being. It is about trying to achieve this the majority of the time. Also well-being means much more than just food. Many other aspects of our lives have to be in balance just as much as our nutrition.

Yes the traditional way of eating bolognese would be with a pasta. And the way I structure my wellness plans and my message are all about traditional forms of eating. It is also about tweaking some occasionally. Not every traditional meal has to be as it should, but about adjusting some ingredients sometimes. I am not saying that pasta isn't good for you. My post "Pasta Won't Make You Fat" states exactly why pasta isn't unhealthy! A great alternative for the pasta when you want to eat a bit more nutrient dense is spaghetti squash. A similar texture to spaghetti but in the squash family so it is a vegetable!

Cultural eating has a purpose. That is why in some cuisines breakfast is very dense in both calories and nutrients. We have to tweak our food to cater to our lifestyle. When we adjust certain foods in our diet to fit our lifestyle we achieve the health and wellness goals we want. If we live a more sedentary lifestyle then there is no need to eat more, eat dense, and eat caloric foods on a regular basis. What you put in your body you get out. There is no one fix "diet" that is the miracle one for weight loss or maintenance. Your body changes and with the knowledge of knowing good food versus bad food you can achieve your healthy diet. 


Yields 5-6 servings 


1 lb organic ground chicken

3 Organic Chicken sausages - I used Bilinski's Italian Sausage (link is at the bottom)

1 15 oz Pomi Chopped Tomatoes 

1 yellow onion - small dice 

2 garlic clove -  minced 

3 tablespoon white wine 

3 tablespoons olive oil 

Fresh Basil 

Dried herbs + Spices (basil, oregano, marjoram, and red pepper flakes)- optional

Salt + Pepper 

Spaghetti Squash - Roasted 

Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese (optional)


1. To roast spaghetti squash preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Roast depending on the size from 35-50 minutes. Once tender, remove from the oven and let it cool it will be easier to handle. 

2. Meanwhile prepare the bolognese. 

3. In a large pan heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and 2 pinches of salt to let them sweat for 5 minutes. Then add the garlic, let this cook for 1-2 minutes until the garlic is fragrant. 

4. Dice the chicken sausage and season the ground chicken with salt and pepper. Add it to the pan and let is brown some. Once you have let the chicken cook about 5-6 minutes, add the white wine to deglaze the pan some. Turn the heat up to high for about 1 minute to cook off the alcohol. 

5. Then add the tomatoes, season again with salt and pepper. If you would like to add red pepper flakes for the dish to be spicy this is the time to do it. Also if you would like to add dried herbs like basil, oregano and marjoram this is the time to do that as well. Sprinkle half of the basil in and stir. Bring this to a light boil and cover half the 3/4 of the pan. Let this cook for 20 minutes. 

6. While the bolognese cooks cut the spaghetti squash in half. Scoop out the stringy center and seeds. With a fork, separate the strands to make it look like spaghetti. You can either serve it in the 1/2 a small spaghetti squash or place all the spaghetti squash in a bowl. The former is easier because it is less dishes!!! 

7. Once the bolognese has cooked add more of the fresh basil, adjust the seasoning and cover the pot  and turn the heat off. Let this sit for 20-30 minutes.

8. Serve as desired and garnish with some more fresh basil and cheese if you desire. 


Spinach & Chicken Rosemary Stew

Calabaza & Carrot Soup