The month of February is about rich and delicious desserts and meals, all because of Valentines Day! Whether you celebrate the holiday or not you should show a little love with some lovely recipes. As you all probably know I am a BIG BIG BIG chocolate fan. Like BIG! So this holiday (even though a little commercialized) I love.
So this year I decided to make a Fudgy Rich Chocolate Bundt Cake to celebrate! It can be enjoyed really any time of day with a cup of coffee in the morning or a glass of wine in the evening. It is a cake that satisfies any palate. Plus you know when it comes to baking I want to make it simple for you all so this a simple prep, bake, and clean up kind of cake.
Get in the chocolate and into the kitchen to bake this delightfully lovely Valentines treat!
Yields 8-10 servings
Time 60-90 minutes
2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1.5 sticks unsalted butter - room temperature
4 large eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a bundt cake pan and set aside.
2. In a stand mixer cream together the butter and sugar for 1 minute. Then scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the eggs, vanilla extract, and sour cream.
3. In a separate bowl mix together the dry ingredients: flour, cocoa, baking soda + powder, and sea salt. Whisk it gently together. Then with the stand mixer on begin to add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until a cake batter is formed. Turn the stand mixer off and pour the batter evenly in the greased bundt pan. Bake the cake in the oven for 40-43 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
4. Let the cake cool in the bundt pan for 10 minutes and then flip it onto a cooling rack for another 30-40 minutes for the cake to completely cool before adding the rich chocolate drizzle.
5. For the drizzle melt the chocolates together either over a double boiler or in the microwave. Pour it over the cooled bundt cake and spread it evenly with a spatula.
Serve and enjoy!