Yields 16 servings
Time 30-35 minutes
1 stick unsalted butter - room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x9 pan.
2. In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment mix together the butter and sugars. Scrape down the sides of the mixer. Add the 2 eggs and vanilla extract.
3. In a separate bowl add the flour, oats, salt, and baking powder. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet with the mixer on low.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Pour the batter in the greased baking pan. Bake for 21-25 minutes. Remove and let it cool for about 10-15 minutes.
5. Cut the squares and serve.