Here we go another holiday cookie recipe! This one is seriously a big favorite because well anything with chocolate is a favorite. The 3 different rich chocolates all blended together with a little crunch of the chocolate chunk and the soft yet chewy texture of the marshmallow is seriously AWESOME! These cookies are on the cakey side of the cookie spectrum. They are crumbly and soft. They may sound rich and decadent but they actually feel light and airy. I know right a cookie that feels light and airy, now way! Yes way! These cookies are not heavy and feel over buttery so enjoy a sandwich in cookie form.
Add this cookie to your Christmas cookie baking list! These will be a big hit in your house, with your friends, and family. Happy Baking!!! Call a friend a have fun in the kitchen baking these delicious and many more holiday cookies! This time of year is about enjoying, indulging, and spending time with loved ones. One of the best places to do that is in the kitchen sharing stories, recipes, and time together.
Yields 8 Sandwich Cookies
Time 35-40 minutes
2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
245 grams all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 stick unsalted butter- room temperature
2 large eggs
120 grams cane sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
125 grams dark chocolate chips- melted
2/3 cup dark chocolate chunks
Dandies large vanilla marshmallows - melted
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Over a double boiler melt the 125 grams of chocolate. Once melted remove and allow the chocolate to cool while you prepare the cookies.
3. In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment attached cream together the butter and sugar. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula. Add the 2 eggs, cooled melted chocolate and vanilla extract. Mix together until it turns into one consistency about 1 minutes.
4. In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, sea salt, and cocoa powder. With the stand mixer on low slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Once a cookie dough is formed turn the mixer off and fold in the dark chocolate chunks.
5. Scoop about 45-50 grams of cookie dough and roll into a ball and place on the parchment paper. Separate the cookie balls 2 inches apart. Gently with the palm of your hand flatten the cookies about 1/8th inch thick. Bake in the oven for 11-12 minutes.
6. Once baked remove the baking sheets from the oven and allow them to cool for 10 minutes then transfer them to a cookie cooling rack and let them completely cool about 15-20 minutes.
7. When you are ready to make the cookie sandwiches melt the marshmallows in the microwave for about 15-20 seconds at time and working one at a time and very very very quickly. Once melted add a teaspoon of powdered sugar, mix together and add on top of one of one of the bottoms of the cooled triple chocolate cookies. Top the marshmallow with another triple chocolate cookies. Gently press the cookie down. Repeat until all the cookies turn into cookie sandwiches.