Are you a crispy chocolate chip cookie fan or a chewy gooey? Well either way you are going to love these. Thin and crispy edges with just the center soft and like a caramel flavor from all the brown sugar these are a huge hit in my house. Well almost anything chocolate and anything cookie in my house is consumed in no time. So needless to say these Crispy Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookies are loved among my loved ones.
Are you ever the on in charge of bringing a dessert to an event, or need a recipe to bring to work for a party, or heck your kids bake sale? This recipe is simple (which you know I am all about simplicity) and will knock the socks off of those you share it with. Cookies are a great dessert to either always have in your house or a treat or snack, or for a special occasion. They fill the dessert table nicely and people can serve themselves one without a mess of plates, bowls, spoons, or forks. It's a grab and go kind of dessert. If you are preparing this cookie recipe for let's say a gathering or event I recommend making them earlier in the day. I know most people love a warm chocolate chip cookie straight out of the oven. The thought of that is making my mouth water with the scent of chocolate chip cookies warming the air and the first bite of warm soft cookie just baked and the hot melted chocolate chips, oh my getting carried away. These chocolate chip cookies are the crispy kind and best when made a few hours earlier. If you want to serve them warm just pop them in the oven to warm for 1-2 minutes that way they stay crispy and you are serving warm delicious chocolate chip cookies.
Cookies make for a wonderful little gift. I think they are a wonderful thing to bring someone to say "Just thinking about you". Little gestures of kindness for others really make these cookies sweet. They will brighten up anyones day. If you are going to bake a batch make extra to share with neighbors, co-workers, friends, and family. The extra mile you go for someone can turn their day around. Just a positive thought to share with you all.
Yields 20-24 cookies
Time 20-25 minutes
1 stick unsalted butter- soft but not melted
3/4 cup light brown sugar
2 large egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2/3 cup semi- sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 365 degrees. Line 2 baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place soft butter in the mixing bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment attached. Add the brown sugar and vanilla. Cream together on medium or medium/high. You want a smooth consistency. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
3. Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites and save the egg whites. Add the yolks in the stand mixer and mix until the yolks are combined.
4. In a separate bowl measure out the dry ingredients except the chocolate chips and whisk together. Add this slowly to the wet ingredients with the stand mixer on. Mix together until a batter is formed.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips. Scoop even amounts on the baking sheet and flatten gently with the palm of your hand. Bake for 11-12 minutes until the edges are golden. Let them cool before serving.