These are my favorite Pumpkin Dark Chocolate Oat Cookies! All the best ingredients in a cookie you could want, oats, dark chocolate, and pumpkin.
Cookies are a favorite go to dessert in my house. One that has the yummy flavors of fall is a winner. These are quick and simple to prepare. Need a quick and simple fall cookie recipe??? There is nothing like when you are craving a cookie and you don’t have in your kitchen. These are my favorite go to fall inspired recipe.
That is basically how these cookies came to be. Cookies are a perfect little dessert (or sometimes gumbo) to finish or meal. Or like me I get a craving for chocolate and a little something sweet in the afternoon so keep me going. I have these dark chocolate pumpkin oatmeal cookies in the dessert category, but in all seriousness they can be breakfast and snack as well. These are wonderful to have on hand for the kids when they come home from school or to pack in their lunch box. Also keep a batch of frozen cookie dough in the freezer for those late night cravings.
Favorite Pumpkin Dark Chocolate Oat Cookies
- 2 Cups Rolled Oats
- 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Cup All purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/3 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 4 TBLS Butter melted
- 1/3 Cup Honey melted
- 2 TBLS Maple Syrup
- 1 Cup Dark Chocolate Chunks or Chips
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. 2. Heat the butter, honey, and maple syrup, until the butter is melted. It is about 30-45 seconds in the microwave. Pour this mixture in a large bowl. 3. Add the oats, flours, cocoa powder, sea salt, cinnamon, and baking soda. Mix together with the butter honey mixture.4. Add the eggs, pumpkin puree and chocolate chips and mix with a spatula until a dough is formed. The batter is very sticky so get ready to get messy! Scoop large dollops of cookie dough evenly on the lined baking sheet. Flatten them slightly using the palm of your hand. Bake in the oven 11-13 minutes. Remove from the oven to cool for 5 minutes and then enjoy!