If there is one protein to make sure you are having once to twice a week it is without a doubt, salmon. This Everything Bagel Salmon recipe takes 5 minutes to prepare. I am not kidding with you. It is a 5 minute prep and a 20 minute bake kind of recipe.
A lot of my clients come to me because they want to learn more easy recipes to stay on top of their health and nutrition. Salmon is a great way to increase some invaluable nutrients, like Omega-3 fatty acids. There are a lot more, which I will go into a bit. Salmon is a fatty fish, with minerals such as selenium, iron, Vitamin and B12. These nutrients are essential for your health.
When you are preparing salmon you don’t have to get fancy. You can keep it simple and it will taste amazing. Like this Everything Bagel Salmon recipe. It takes just a few ingredients that you mix into a bowl and layer on a beautiful piece of wild caught salmon. While the salmon is cooking prepare a side dish and your meal is ready. A healthy weeknight meal doesn’t have to be completed, or include a million ingredients. Simple is key!
One of the best things that I love about salmon is that it doesn’t take very long to cook. You can prepare an entire dinner in 20 minutes. Weeknights can be busy and sometimes the last thing you or even I want to do is cook. A fresh piece of wild caught salmon is a great go to. I highly recommend this recipe for your weekly salmon go to recipe.
So let’s get into the nutrition of this amazingly healthy recipe.
Omega -3 Fatty acids are 11 antioxidants. We really want to focus on 3 of them. They are ALA, EPA, and DHA. In salmon you will find more of EPA and DHA. These Omega-3 fatty acids are what are called anti-inflammatory nutrients. They work with the body, with the cells to reduce inflammation. In the Standard American Diet a lot of Omega-6’s are consumed. This is not a good thing at all. Omega-6 cause your inflammation to increase, which is not what you want at all.
Inflammation is one of the leading causes for lifestyle chronic diseases. Increasing your anti-inflammatory nutrients, like omega-3 with fatty fish like salmon work to reduce inflammation. With the increase of anti-inflammatory nutrients your body begins to reduce the chronic internal inflammation. With the reduction of inflammation this can lead to potential reduction of lifestyle onset diseases.
You want to be eating various forms of omega-3 fatty acids like salmon, nuts and seeds, olives, and olive oil, and avocados. I love to prepare this Everything Bagel Salmon with an arugula salad with extra virgin olive oil and toasted walnuts. That combo of nutrients is an anti-inflammatory powerhouse your body will love.
Everything Bagel Salmon
- 2 fillets Wild Caught Salmon 6 oz each with skin on
- 2.5 TBLS Cream Cheese room temp
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1-2 TBLS Everything Bagel Sesame Seed Seasoning I recommend Trader Joe's Brand
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- A few pinches of pepper
- Scallions for garnish optional
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl mix together the cream cheese, lemon juice and dijon mustard. Mix it well to combine all the ingredients.
- Dry the salmon with a paper towel. Place the salmon the baking sheet and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Evenly spread the cream cheese mixture over the salmon. Top the salmon with the Everything Bagel Sesame Seed seasoning.
- Place the salmon in the oven for 18-25 minutes, depending on the thickness and doneness you like your salmon.
- Once cooked, remove the salmon and garnish with fresh scallions and a squeeze of lemon juice. Enjoy!