Who knew a cookie had health benefits??? This recipe is one of those!!! I absolutely love this recipe. First off, it is so simple to make, all you need is a blender. Second, it is rich with fiber, vitamins, minerals, and real sugar no refined sugar.
If you are craving a warm chocolate chip cookie but don’t want to bake up and entire batch and also you are looking for one that is better for you. This is your go to recipe. All you need are just a few ingredients and it is ready in 30 minutes.
Portion Control and Balance
Portion controlling dessert is a key part of learning how to balance sweet treats into your balanced healthy lifestyle. I hear it so often that people can’t control themselves around sweets because they have been deemed forbidden foods. That is not the case at all. You can live and eat a balanced healthy lifestyle and have dessert. What matters the most is what it is you are having and how much. Quantity and quality are key components to maintaining balance with sweets, desserts, and goodie.
When to have dessert, is a big question. If you are a lover all things dessert and chocolate like I am what I always recommend to clients is to incorporate some good quality into your day daily or a few times a week. That way it becomes part of your routine. That way we remove that “cheating” mindset. If you feel you still don’t have control of how much of the dessert or sweet treat you eat, then replace it with a recipe like this one. Having better for you less sugar more nutrient dense options like this Chickpea Chocolate Chip Cookie option you are aiding yourself in controlling your habits when it comes to dessert.
Let’s dive into the recipe am I right???
Chickpea Chocolate Chip Cookie Baked Ramekin
- 1 cup Canned Chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup Honey or Maple Syrup
- 3 TBLS Sun Butter or Nut Butter of choice
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- A pinch of Salt
- 1/4 cup Dark Chocolate Chips divided between the ramekins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.Using a blender, puree all the ingredients except the chocolate chips. Puree until smooth. Evenly pour the batter into the 2 ramekins and add in the chocolate chips, make sure to mix them through. Bake the ramekins for 25-30 minutes, until the edges are crispy and slightly pulling away from the ramekin and the center is cooked through all the way. Carefully remove the ramekins from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes and serve!