It is time to start making soups again. I love the fall season. The weather changes, well not in Florida it just becomes more humid and a lot more rain unfortunately, the produce changes, and the holidays are upon us. I just adore it! Soups are one of my favorite recipes to make. This carrot ginger sweet potato soup is a fabulous quick recipe to make. It is a bowl filled with flavor and so much nutrients.
I know it’s time to make soup when I need to clean out the fridge of vegetables. Blending together different vegetables with a bone broth and some spices is one of the best comfort meals. I especially like when the soups are thick and pureed. The creamy texture with the warmth of the temperature just fills your belly with definitely nourishment, but also with just pure goodness.
I love that feeling of satisfaction from food, good food! It’s like the food feeds more than your nutritional needs, but also your soul and comforts you. That feeling when a meal hits the spot and you grin with joy from the deliciousness of the meal but also from the satisfaction you received from it. Well basically that is how I feel about soups. It’s this comforting sensation like a big hug!
Carrot Ginger Sweet Potato Soup
- 6-8 Carrots peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup Roasted Sweet Potato
- 1 tsp Freshly Grated Ginger minced
- 1/2 small Yellow onion minced
- 2 cups Vegetable low sodium stock I used Imagine brand
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Parsley or Micro greens for garnish
- 2 TBLS Olive Oil
- 1. In a soup pan or large/medium pan heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once hot add the onions with a pinch of salt. Let this saute and sweat for 3-4 minutes. 2. Add the carrots, ginger, and sweet potato and a few pinches of salt and pepper. Let this cook for 5-7 minutes, until the carrots soften and the dish becomes fragrant. 3. Once the veggies have cooked add the stock and the remaining seasoning. Bring this to a simmer/light boil and cover the pot. Let the carrot ginger sweet potato soup cook on low covered for 10-12 minutes. Once the soup has cooked turn the heat off. Using a hand blender puree the soup. You can also use a vitamix or blender, just be careful since the soup is hot. Serve and enjoy!
Leave a Comment