Who loves French Toast? Who loves bagels?
Well if you answered yes to either one or both you will love this delicious breakfast recipe of Baked Bagel Cinnamon French Toast. It is all the best breakfast flavors and ingredients in one dish. Also added bonus this is really easy to prepare. It is one of the best feelings to wake up and prepare a really warming and satisfying breakfast. That is one y favorite things to do on the weekends. Not setting the alarm, sleeping in, and waking up so refreshed is what I look forward to on the weekends. As do probably most of you reading this. To top off a morning like a delicious breakfast is a must.
French toast was an occasional treat for us growing up, but we had bagels a lot more than we had French toast. So I was in the kitchen the other day and I had some egg bagels in the pantry. I didn't want to just toast it and spread cream cheese over it, which I am a big fan regardless. Pretty much anything with cream cheese for me is always delicious! So I was craving French toast but didn't have brioche or good sliced bread so I thought, why not use the egg bagels.
It was DELICIOUS! The egg flavor from the bagel, which and egg bagel is a great bagel on its own, with the cinnamon , maple syrup, and the bagel soaks in the milk and cream, I mean seriously the best way to start your day. This breakfast is a delicious one that will have your scrapping the bottom of the ramekin wishing you had one more bite to eat.
Yields 4 servings
Time 25-30 minutes
4 egg bagels - cubed
1 cup whole milk
1/4 cup heavy cream
4 Tablespoons butter- melted
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
A pinch of sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease Le Creuset mini ramekins or ramekins. Set this on a baking tray.
2. Cube the egg bagels and place in a bowl.
3. Melt the butter and whisk it together with the milk, maple syrup, and heavy cream. Pour this over the cubed egg bagels. Add the cinnamon and sea salt and mix it well together. Then evenly fill the ramekins.
4. Place the filled ramekins on the baking tray in the oven to bake. Let them cook for 20-23 minutes just until the top becomes crispy.
5. Once baked serve warm and enjoy!