A healthy recipe that has all your favorite autumn ingredients and flavors. Zucchini spiral kale bowl recipe with a pumpkin dressing. Doesn’t that just make you excited to try this recipe? Literally all the best flavors of the autumn season in one recipe. This is a great way to increase your vegetable intake and it is so easy to prepare. Zucchini spirals and kale are a beautiful combination of vegetables to change your classic salad recipe. Autumn zucchini spiral kale bowl with pumpkin dressing is a comforting healthy meal.
Salad dressings make a salad, but a majority of store bought salad dressings are filled with junk and preservatives. I love to make a few salad dressings for the month and keep them in the fridge and use for different recipes. This pumpkin dressing is really a delicious autumn flavored dressing. I have had this salad dressing for up to 2 weeks and it goes so well with a roast turkey breast, chicken with herbs, or a pork loin.
Change up your usual recipes and make them more seasonal. Seasonal eating is a beautiful way to eat and enjoy the produce of that season. Currently we are in fall or autumn. With that comes so many delicious produce. Zucchini, kale, persimmon, pomegranate, pumpkin, cauliflower and so many more. Adding these ingredients into one recipe like this autumn zucchini spiral kale bowl with pumpkin dressing makes you feel good and healthy as well as gives you all the flavors of autumn.
Autumn Zucchini Spiral Kale Bowl with Pumpkin Dressing
- 1 cup Zucchini Spirals
- 1 cup Kale
- 1/2 cup Roasted or Sauteed Cauliflower Florets
- 2 TBLS Pomegranate Seeds
- 2 TBLS Maple Syrup Candied Pecans see recipe below
- Sliced Persimmon optional
- A pinch of Salt
For the Pumpkin Dressing
- 3 TBLS Pumpkin Puree
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 TBLS Maple Syrup
- 3 TBLS Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Fresh Thyme Leaves
- 1 tsp Water
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 Garlic Clove optional
For the Maple Syrup Candied Pecans
- 1/4 cup Pecans roughly chopped
- 2 TBLS Maple Syrup
- A few dashes of ground cinnamon
- A pinch or 2 of Brown Sugar
- 1. Roasting or sautéing the cauliflower prepare ahead of time and allow to cool. This can be done a day or 2 before. 2. To prepare the maple pecans, add maple syrup, ground cinnamon and pecans in a sauté pan over medium heat. Allow the cinnamon to become fragrant, then add in the pinch or 2 of brown sugar and allow this to melt. Stir everything together let this cook for 3-4 minutes over low/medium heat. Once the maple pecans are set remove the pan from the stove top. 3. For the pumpkin salad dressing add all the dressing ingredients into a bowl and whisk everything together until it has emulsified (come together). 4. To assemble the autumn zucchini spiral salad add all the salad ingredients into a bowl except the maple pecans. For one serving add 2-3 TBLS of the pumpkin dressing and gently toss together. Garnish with the maple pecans and serve.
Leave a Comment