Talk about an easy weeknight meal. With only 5 ingredients, this recipe doesn’t get any easier. Few ingredients doesn’t mean lack of flavor, it actually is the opposite and filled with flavor.
5 Ingredient Turkey Stuffed Zucchini is a go to for a quick meal. This recipe is a go to when you need to prepare meals for later in the week. Yes, I am talking meal prep. I know that phrase can be daunting. Meal prep sounds like you have to cook for hours in advance and then you are set for the week. That is not the case at all. Adding this quick 20 -25 minute recipe to a weekly meal prep will save you time and ensure that you have a ready to go meal.
One of the best benefits of meal prepping is that you have meals already prepared in your fridge or freezer. As the weeks get busy and the year starts to pick up, nourishing your body is something that gets pushed to the waste side. This is a big reason why many people do not stick or feel like they achieve their health goals.
Meal Prep Tips
Here are a few tips for when you are going to cook for meal prep:
-Schedule out your meals on a weekly calendar
-Write a grocery list based off of the recipes
-Pick a day or 2 of when you are going to cook and double the recipe. If you are going to cook, just double the recipe so that you don’t have to cook for hours on 1 day.
-Pick 2-3 recipes a week
5 Ingredient Turkey Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- 6 Zucchini halved and seeds removed (scoop out)
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 1 cup Marinara Sauce
- 1/2 Yellow Onion small dice
- Onion + Garlic Powder about 1 tsp each to season the turkey
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese + more for garnish
- Fresh Basil optional
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. 2. In a saute pan heat olive oil about 1 TBLS. Once the pan is hot, add the onions and saute for 1 minute, until fragrant. 3. Season the ground turkey with salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder. Add to the skillet pan and brown the meat. Make sure to break it up well so that it will fit into the zucchini boats. Cook the ground turkey until browned. 4. Add in the marinara sauce, turn the heat off and mix together. 5. Slice the zucchini lengthwise in half. Using a spoon, scoop out the center of the zucchini.6. Fill the center of the zucchini with the cooked ground turkey marinara mixture.Place the filled zucchini on to a sheet pan or baking dish. 7. Sprinkle the turkey filled zucchini with grated parmesan.8. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes9. Serve and garnish with fresh basil Enjoy!
Leave a Comment