Snack time, it can be confusing. Right?!? What to eat, how much should you eat, maybe you want something a little sweet… Whatever your question, this recipe is so simple, rich with loads of nutrients, and no added sugar or refined oils.
Hello Healthy Good For You Snack!
This snack is great for all ages. If you are a parent need a go to snack to make in less than 5 minutes for your kids this is it. If you have older teenagers, they can make this on their own and you know they are having a good nutritious snack. If you need an afternoon pick me up snack, this is it.
What makes this good for you?
Great question! First, this snack is not processed. It doesn’t come from a package, and there are no added chemicals, sugars, or preservatives. When it comes to snack time there are loads of packaged items that filled with simple sugars, refined inflammatory oils, color agents, and bottom line junk as ingredients.
Eating balanced real and better for you, means eating whole foods that don’t have any chemicals. Or a long list of ingredients. This 4 Ingredient Banana Snack doesn’t have that junk. It only has 4 ingredients! These ingredients create a healthy balance of nutrients. This matters! It matters for all ages!
- Banana -excellent source of potassium, fiber, simple carbohydrates for a boost of energy, easy to digest, a convenient food
- Peanut butter- (no sugar or added oils) this is another easy convenient food, healthy fats, plant based protein, good source of vitamin E, magnesium, and niacin, keeps you satisfied longer and reduces a blood sugar spike
- Dark chocolate – rich with antioxidants to aid in fighting free radicals and protecting cells, a boost of natural caffeine, aids in a balancing mindset
- Hemp hearts- good source of omega 3 fatty acids for brain health and inflammation
This 4 Ingredient Banana Snack can also be made into a quick and easy breakfast. Just add 1 more ingredient. By adding either plain yogurt or plain cottage cheese to this recipe it now is a perfect breakfast. By adding yogurt or cottage cheese you add protein to the meal.
It can also be made into a quick, easy, and nutritious dessert. Just add a dollop of freshly made whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
1 easy recipe with 2 other options to enjoy it!
- 1 Banana
- 2 TBLS Creamy Peanut Butter or nut butter of choice
- 1 TBLS Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 tsp Hemp Hearts
- 1. Peel and slice the banana lengthwise. 2. Drizzle the creamy peanut butter over the banana slices. 3. Add the chocolate chips on top. 4. Add the hemp hearts. Enjoy!
Leave a Comment