30 Minutes and done! Really that is all you need to prepare this weeknight meal. Well you can prepare it any day or time of the week, but I do recommend it for a quick balanced healthy weeknight meal.
Chicken can be boring. Not this chicken, yam, and brussels sprout sheet pan recipe. With a quick 15 minute marinade while the initial cooking process of the yam and brussels sprouts is occurring enhances the flavor and juiciness of the chicken. Adding this quick extra step really will transform your sheet pan chicken recipe.
Cooking a whole chicken breast can take some time (25-30 minutes depending on temp and size of chicken. Another helpful piece of advice is to cut it into pieces or tenders. Since this recipe calls for a quick marinade, by cutting the chicken it will also help to marinate the chicken faster. A quick marinade and smaller pieces of chicken will make the chicken juicier and cook faster. That is a win for quick weeknight or meal prep recipes.
The nutritional value of this meal is perfectly balanced and rich with seasonal fall flavors. When it comes to a sheet pan recipe balance is what you are looking for. This means in one meal your macronutrient balance is met. This will mean that your blood sugars will be controlled when eating, you will feel satisfied due to fiber, fat and protein. Plus added bonus of balsamic vinegar to enhance gut bacteria and aid in digestion.
Sheet pans are an excellent weekly recipe. No matter if you have all the time in the world or need a quick recipe, they are efficient and delicious.
30 Minute Balsamic Chicken Sheet Pan
- 2 Chicken Breast (boneless skinless) sliced
- 3-4 Boneless skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 lb Brussels Sprouts halved
- 2 Small/Medium Japanese Yams peeled and diced
- 1 TBLS Avocado Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Dried Rosemary
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 TBLS Maple Syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Balsamic Glaze post cooking for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Halve the Brussels sprouts and place on 1/3 of the sheet pan.
- Peel and dice the Japanese yam. Place the diced yams on the sheet pan next to the Brussels sprouts. Drizzle the yam and brussels sprouts with avocado oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the sheet pan in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile dice the chicken breast and chicken thighs and place in a bowl. Add the marinade ingredients into the bowl except the balsamic glaze. Let the chicken sit at room temp and marinade while the Brussels sprouts and yams cook.
- Carefully remove the sheet pan from the oven and place the marinaded chicken the remaining 1/3rd of the sheet pan. Place the sheet pan now with the chicken back into the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temp of 165 degrees and the yams are fork tender. Remove the sheet pan from the oven and drizzle the chicken with the balsamic glaze and enjoy.