Caramelized Onion Brie Cheese Pizza
Sometimes all you want is a pizza. Listen there is nothing better after a long day to enjoy a hot cheesy pizza. But this caramelized onion and brie cheese pizza will knock your socks off. Get ready to fall in love with an easy 3 ingredient pizza that will make you so happy just from the first bite.
Caramelized onions just take time and patients. Thats all you need to do to transform any dish into one that has loads of developed flavors. Adding caramelized onions to a grilled or baked chicken, pork, fish, or beef adds a touch of elegance and culinary skills taste.
The truth is that this pizza came to be a recipe because I was cleaning out my fridge. A lot of my recipes come be that way. I love creating with what I have. Unless I am teaching a cooking class or have a food shoot I never by cohesive recipe ingredients. Just random ingredients for me to get creative in the kitchen with and create. So that is how this caramelized onion brie pizza came to be. I had left over pizza dough, loads of onions, and brie cheese. Baked them all together and viola one of the most delicious pizzas came to life.
Caramelized Onion Brie Pizza
- 1 Pre-made Fresh Pizza Dough
- 2 cups Sliced Yellow Onions
- 2 TBLS Olive Oil
- 3 TBLS Butter
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 4-6 oz Brie or Triple Cream Cheese
- Caramelized Onions
- Olive oil drizzle
- Salt and Pepper
- Fresh Basil
1. In a large saute pan add the olive oil and butter. Once hot over medium heat add the sliced onions. Add a pinch of salt and stir the onions about to coat them nicely. Cook the onions on medium heat for a good 5-7 minutes, stirring once or twice.
2. Once the onions have cooked on medium for 5-7minutes lower the heat to low. Season again with a pinch or 2 of salt, stir and let the onions cook for 15-20 minutes on low. Stir every 5-7 minutes to make sure the onions do not burn.
3. Once the onions have turned a light brown color and are a soft consistency then turn the heat off.
4. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Shape your pizza dough. Place the caramelized onions on the pizza dough leaving a crust/edge. Top the pieces of the brie cheese over the caramelized onions. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes at 450 degrees. Then lower the heat to 400 degrees and bake for another 10 minutes or until the crust is golden and the cheese has melted.
Serve and enjoy!