Citrus Fennel Avocado Salad
A bright and beautiful salad! I love this recipe so much because it is refreshing, beyond nourishing, and so freaking beautiful. The contrast and bright and vibrant colors of the grapefruit and orange just makes you gravitate towards this dish. Citrus Fennel Avocado Salad is so simple to make and really really refreshing.
So let’s get down to why this salad is so amazing. Well if you are like the rest of us in this chilly winter weather you might be stuck with a cold. If you are this Citrus Fennel Avocado Salad is literally like a delicious multi-vitamin. The big boost of Vitamin C from the ruby red grapefruit and scrumptious navel orange give you some much needed vitamins if you are under the weather. Plus the citrusy bright and fruit awaken your senses.
Fennel is a seriously the most wonderful winter vegetable. Preparing it raw like this salad is like I said before really refreshing. This salad makes for a great side dish for any fish meal you prepare, or great to break up your soups and stews to stay warm. On another note you know I am a big leftover fan, like a HUGE fan of leftovers. This Citrus Fennel Avocado salad is a great salad to prepare a day or 2 ahead of time and will keep. You are probably going to say, “what about the avocado?” , but with the citrus mixed with the avocado 2 days max and the avocado won’t turn that gross brown color.
This is a great vegetarian lunch, side dish, or light dinner. There are so many flavors happening within this one salad it will become a regular recipe in your kitchen. Now that we are in spring the trees and flowers are blooming and allergies are rampant. So if you need a new healthy salad to boost your immune system this is the one for you!
Citrus Fennel Avocado Salad
- 1 Fennel Bulb thinly slices
- 1 Navel Orange peeled and sliced
- 1 Ruby Red Grapefruit peeled and sliced
- 3-4 Heart of Palms sliced
- 1 Haas Avocado sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 TBLS Lemon Juice
- 2 TBLS Champagne Vinegar
1. Remove the top stalks of the fennel and thinly slice it. Place it into a bowl.
2. Peel both the grapefruit and orange and slice them. Careful not to slice the fruit too thinly if not you will remove too much of their juice. Place the citrus in the bowl with the fennel.
3. Slice the heart of palm into rings and place it also in the bowl. Mix everything together with some salt and pepper.
4. To mix the dressing add the vinaigrette ingredients into a small bowl and whisk it together. Pour 3/4ths of the dressing into the the bowl with the vegetables and fruit. Gently toss together. Place the ingredients on a serving dish.
5. Top the served salad with the sliced avocado and garnish the remainder of the vinaigrette.
Serve and enjoy!