Carrot Cake Whole Wheat Cookie Snacks (dairy free)
Cookies honestly do make for a great grab and go or pre-packed snack. These Carrot Cake Whole Wheat Cookie Snacks are a wonderfully healthy cookie to have ready to go for when that snack attack hits.
We all get that mid-afternoon snack attack. Either we want something sweet or salty and typically go for the not so good for you kind of snacks. No need for that anymore. Meal prep a batch of these carrot cake whole wheat cookies and you will have a deliciously healthy snack option for that desperate hunger moment.
One thing is for sure, we could all use more vegetables in our diet. Well this recipe is helping solve that problem. Loading up this batter with shredded carrots makes the cookies not only taste like a carrot cake. With all the healthy ingredients the shredded carrots make this even healthier. If you have picky non-vegetable eating kids in your family make a batch of these cookies. Finely shredded and cut the carrots so that they can’t even see them within the cookie. The light sweet drizzle frosting on top will distract their eyes and tastebuds for them to devour this healthy cookie snack.
For any dairy allergies this carrot cake whole wheat cookie recipe is dairy free. No butter, no milk, nothing that will aggravate the allergy. If you are road tripping or traveling this holiday season pack a few of these for your travels. They are hearty, whole wheat, and fiber rich cookies that will hold you over until your next meal.
- 3/4 cup Whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1.5 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- A pinch of nutmeg optionals
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil melted
- 1/3 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 1 heaping cup Shredded Carrots
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/4 cup Rolled Oats optional to use Gluten Free oats
- 1/3 cup Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
- 1/4 cup Raw Chopped Walnuts
- 1/4 cup Raisins
For the Glaze
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Milk or Almond Milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
3. In a separate large bowl mix together coconut oil, brown sugar, egg and vanilla until well combined; next fold in shredded carrots. Add in flour mixture and mix with a wooden spoon until just combined. Fold in oats, coconut, pecans, and raisins.
4. Use a small cookie scoop and drop by tablespoonful on prepared baking sheet. Gently flatten with your hand. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Cool cookies for a few minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
5. To make the glaze: Combine powdered sugar, almond milk and cinnamon in a bowl. Drizzle a tiny bit over cookies, then let dry. Makes about 18 cookies.