Easy Homemade Almond Joy Candy Bars
Easy homemade almond joy candy bars will get you in the mood for halloween this month. Happy Halloween!!! The joy of eating candy and getting dressed up!!! I love it and I have so many memories attached to this holiday from my youth. We made a big deal about Halloween every year. Of course candy is the best part of halloween. You are never too old to enjoy some candy. Instead of eating the crappy corn syrup laden candy make your own Almond Joy Candy Bars. This recipe for your own homemade almond joy candy bars is easy and actually good for.
Yes candy, when you make your own candy bar at home with real no preservative ingredients can actually be good for you. With a few simple ingredients this recipe will have you wanting to make more of these deliciously healthy candy bars.
These are great to keep in the freezer and pop out and defrost in the fridge when you have that sweet tooth craving, but don’t want something bad for. We all get those cravings and to satisfy them do it with something healthy. It takes just as good as you remember an Almond Joy Candy Bar. Really they do!
Candy bars are one of those food items that we all have a favorite one. I actually have a few favorites, but knowing the ingredients that are in them, well I just don’t want to eat them any more. Finding out better recipes of your favorite candies is a great thing. That way you can make your own and know that the recipe is filled with good ingredients good for you.
Easy Homemade Almond Joy Candy Bar
- 1 1/2 cups Desiccated Unsweetened Coconut
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil about 3 TBLS, melted
- 2 TBLS Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips melted
- 1/4 cup Roasted Almonds
1. Melt the coconut oil and mix it together in a bowl with the coconut and maple syrup.
2. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Pour in the coconut mixture and with a spatula even layer it on the parchment paper. Place this in the freezer for 15 minutes for it to set.
3. Meanwhile melt the dark chocolate chips either in a double boiler or in the microwave. Once the coconut base has set remove it from the freezer. With a sharp knife (sounds redundant but make sure the knife is SUPER sharp) and cut 7-8 even bars.
4. Dip the bottom of each coconut bar into the melted dark chocolate. Remove any excess. Place back on the parchment but the coconut side down. Once you have completed them all place them back in the freezer for the chocolate to set. This takes about 3-5 minutes.
5. To finish the almond joys, dip the half of an almond in the chocolate and place it on the coconut side of the bar. Continue until each bar has about 4-5 almonds. Finish the easy almond joy bars with a drizzle of the dark chocolate and enjoy!!!