No Guilt Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries
No guilt crispy baked sweet potato fries, do I have your attention?
Have you ever tried sweet potatoes??? If you answered YES, aren’t they just amazing??? If you haven’t well come join the club because these vegetable “fries” will change your world. They are so delicious and with the addition of parmesan cheese well you really can’t go wrong. These No Guilt Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries are not your average french fries. Well first off they are not fried. That makes them 1 million times better for us (woohoo!!!!), second we are adding some good quality salty cheese to the sweet potato “fries”, which of course makes them 1 million times tastier, and third they are good for us!!! So there is no guilt about eating fries. Baking sweet potato fries is a great way to eat more healthy veggies.
As most of you know I create recipes that help our health, boost our interest to cook and get into the kitchen, and most importantly don’t skimp on flavor. Eating is about enjoying, but it is also about nourishing our bodies. I was listening to the news this morning and they had a doctor on one of the news segments. His approach to his practice and medicine is to eat with the purpose of nourishing our bodies because food is medicine. I do believe that. We have to maintain good health for the body to work correctly, when we don’t the body begins to reject certain things or shut down. Our number one source of medicine is the food we eat.
Better for you
With that being said we have to find a balance and learn how to prepare recipes/meals that nourish our bodies but ones that we also enjoy. By preparing a good wholesome meal with decadent herbs, spices, and ingredients we are so excited to eat and are beyond satisfied when we finish it. There has to be a balance between nourishing our bodies with natures medicine, food, and also enjoying classic recipes and meals that may not be as health benefitting. French fries are not the best food for us. By baking them at a high temperature to get the crispy texture and swapping the russet white potato for a sweet potato, which contains more vitamins and minerals. I added some parmesan cheese for a layer of decadence well we just turned a not good for you food item into a health benefitting delicious one!
No Guilt Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Friws
- 2 large Sweet Potatoes peeled and julienned or cut into sticks
- 3 TBLS Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- a pinch of black pepper
- 3 TBLS Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley minced for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to roast 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into sticks or fries. If you prefer more of a wedge style of sweet potato fries cut them into wedges. Place the sweet potatoes into a bowl. Add the salt, pepper, panko breadcrumbs, olive oil and parmesan cheese. Mix everything together to coat each sweet potato. The parmesan cheese tends to fall to the bottom of the bowl but that is okay because you will add it on top of the sweet potato before it goes into the oven.
3. Pour the coated sweet potato onto the parchment lined baking sheet. The remaining parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs sprinkle all over top of the sweet potatoes. Roast the fries in the oven for 18-20 minutes until golden. Then raise the temperature to 450 degrees and roast for another 5 minutes until just crispy. Remove from the oven let them cool slightly and enjoy!
Garnish with some fresh Italian flat leaf parsley if you would like.