No Bake Monster Peanut Butter Pieces Energy Bites
Need more energy
Say hello to a favorite snack that you and your kids will love. I make these with kids I teach all the time. No matter the age they will love them. It is a wonderful source to get some added fiber and a snack that you (the chef) gets to control the sugar content. No fake refined sugar here, just good ole honey. Adding in a few of better for you peanut butter pieces makes everyone a bit more excited to eat these energy bites.
What is an energy bite?
Energy bites are another name of nutritionally dense bite of food. In this case these are a 2 biter peanut butter, honey, and oat energy bites. Peanut butter like other nuts are dense with calories, meaning energy for the body. Our bodies form of energy are calories. Energy bites tend to have a dense amount of nutrition (calories, fiber, and vitamins & minerals) in just a few bites. Literally a grab and go kind of snack. These are great to have on hand for a pool day, after or before a sporting event, or if you don’t have time to make something a bit more elaborate. Grab one or 2 of these No Bake Monster Energy Bites and head out the door.
Monster Energy Bites
Think of this recipe as everything but the kitchen sink or monster cookies. They have peanut butter, oats, honey, and peanut butter pieces. That is loads of ingredients in just one bite. You get so many flavors and textures that’s what makes these MONSTER energy bites. A helpful tip: feel free to swap out the peanut butter for any other but butter!
No Bake Monster Energy Bites
- 3 cups Quick Cook Oats
- 1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter I used Trader Joe's
- 1/3 cup Melted Honey
- 1/3 cup Peanut Butter Pieces I used Little Secrets
- A pinch of salt
1. In a bowl mix together the quick cook oats, melted warm honey, and cream peanut butter. Using a spatula make sure to mix well and that you get a smooth but sticky consistency.
2. Once you have mixed the "batter" together fold in the peanut butter pieces.
3. Line a small baking tray with parchment paper and scoop out using a small ice cream scooper even amounts of the energy bites. Roll and shape them gently in your hand. I recommend scooping and pressing down lightly in the scooper to mold the shape and gently shape the edges once you have placed the energy bite on the tray.
4. Place the energy bites in the fridge to set for at least 1 hour and then they are ready.
- Keep the energy bites in the fridge in a ziplock or in a container. They keep for up to 2 months.