Banana Bread Chocolate Chip Sheet Cake
Banana bread is a perfect breakfast item. I love a warm delicious slice of banana bread. But it is typically always the same, a loaf of banana bread with walnuts and cinnamon. Don’t get me wrong it is tasty for sure, but sometimes we need a little change from the routine. I always purchase a few extra bananas when I go to the market. Bananas make for a good snack and an easy fruit to eat and pack with you. Fruit is a wonderful food item to always have at the ready in our pantry, in our purse, at our office, or in the car for when it is time to pick up the kids. But what happens to all the bananas that get too spotty too early or go uneaten.
We use them in many different ways. The beauty of fruit is that is is natures candy. It is sweet and each fruit has a different sweetness and taste. Bananas when overly ripe are more sweet because the sugars concentrate and the flavor is more sweet. This makes for a wonderful substitution for sugar in this banana chocolate chip cake. With that begin said some sugar does have to added because it would be slightly bland if not. But again use as little sugar as you would. The best part of this breakfast treat is the worm gooey chocolate chips when you pull a square away from the just baked cake.
Nothing beats warm dark chocolate!!! The moral of this recipe is that use fruit as a substitute for sugar with some baked goods. You can add in many other health benefitting ingredients like raw nuts, oats, flax, and chia seeds. The better we prepare our recipes the overall better out health. We don’t want to loose in our flavor and deliciousness, but we do want to make sure that what we eat is nutritious and nourishing for out bodies.
So happy eating, happy baking, and enjoy what you make!
Banana Chocolate Chip Sheet Cake
- 6 TBSL Unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup Cane sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Ripe Bananas Mashed
- 2 Cups All purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips Plus more for extra garnish on top
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a square 8x8 baking tray with foil.
2. In a bowl mash the 3 bananas. Set this bowl aside.
3. In a stand mixer cream together the room temperature butter and sugar. Let this mix together for about 45 seconds. Then using a spatula scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl. Add the eggs, vanilla extract, and mashed bananas. Mix together until well blended, about 30 seconds on medium speed.
4. In a separate mixing bowl measure and mix together the all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt. With the stand mixer on low begin to stream the dry mixture into the mixing bowl. Once a batter is formed turn the stand mixer off. Fold in the chocolate chips. Pour the banana bread chocolate batter into the foil lined baking pan. Using the spatula even out the top of the cake. Scatter an extra hand-full of chocolate chip on top of the cake.
5. Bake the cake for 30-34 minutes until the center of the cake is baked. Check with a toothpick and if the toothpick comes out clean then the banana chocolate chip cake is baked. Let the cake rest for 10 minutes. Then lift the foil out of the pan. Using a sharp knife cut the banana chocolate chip cake into squares and enjoy warm.