The Best Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies
The Best Ever
Chocolate Chip Cookies are a classic and it’s a good recipe to always have ready on hand to go. Adult, teen, or kid we all love chocolate chip cookies the same. We have a connection to chocolate chip cookies. Whether it be we just love them, or we have a memory growing up always making them with our parents or grandparents, or you always share one with your best friend. Whatever your connection to this classic cookies is, enjoy it. Never feel guilty enjoying a deliciously crispy and sweet chocolate chip cookie. As I always say treat yourself with something sweet in moderation.
Crispy is pretty good
Personally I am a crispy chocolate chip cookie lover. The edges are slightly toasted and the crumble is magical. When you bite into it and you get a cookie dough flavor mixed with chocolate chips how can you not fall in love at first bite. Cookies are a go to in my family, but unfortunately or fortunately everyone has a different preference and they voice it. Some like the chocolate chip cookies soft, which are delicious. Some like crispy on the edge and soft in the center. And others don’t like too many chocolate chips. But… with this recipe these chocolate chip cookies are gone in a second.
Ever have those must eat a chocolate chip cookie now moments? Well this dough will keep in the freezer portioned out and ready. Sometimes you want one just because. Other times it is great to have on hand for entertaining. Make sure to freezer the portioned cookies separately and this will make it easy when you are ready to pop them in the oven to bake.
The Best Ever Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/3 cup Light Brown Sugar packed
- 1/2 cup Cane Sugar
- 10 TBLS Unsalted Butter Room Temp.
- 1 large Egg
- 1 large Egg Yolk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/3 cup All purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup Dark or Bittersweet Chocolate chip cookies
1. Cream together butter and sugars on medium then go to high for 1-2 minutes. Until it is a light pale yellow and the consistency is smooth. Scrape down the edges of the bowl.
2. In a separate bowl mix together the dry ingredients except the chocolate chips.
3. Add both the whole egg + egg yolk and vanilla extract to creamed sugars and butter. Turn the mixer on low until the yolks break.
4. With the mixer off, add all of the dry ingredients. Pulsing the mixer on, off, on, off, on, off until it creates a dough. Once a dough is formed, fold in the chocolate chips.
5. If freezing cookie dough, scoop out even amounts of cookie dough into a ball and place on a lined baking tray. Freezer until cookie dough is solid and then place them in a freezer safe plastic bag.
6. To Bake:
Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Space the cookie dough 1-2 inches apart
With the palm of your hand gently press the cookie dough down, not completely flat, to about ¼-1/8 inch flat. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the edge is just golden.
Remove from oven place on cooling rack and let them cool for 10 minutes.