Hidden Vegetable Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins
Healthy Hidden Vegetable Chocolate Chip Muffins
You must be oh so curious as to what the heck this delicious easy bake and easy grab and go recipe is! I hope you are because these are delicious and a wonderful way to get some veggies into an even better good for you breakfast. Usually we associate muffins with being extremely caloric and terrible for us. The thing is, is that they are wonderful to have when you have guests visiting, have kids or your kids and their friends around, or an easy grab and out you go kind of breakfast. Plus they are disguising vegetables, which trust me know one will know they are rich with fiber and veggies. Good for you can and is really really really tasty. Give these a try and you will see!
Well none other than zucchini. Zucchini is a wonderful vegetable to use when baking. It provides a lot of moisture, nutrients, fiber, and now that we are in the summer season we have so many zucchini for the next few months. Baking with zucchini really helps to keep muffins and breads moist without using too much butter or oil. Pairing chocolate with zucchini is perfect because the unsweetened cocoa powder helps to mask any “vegetable flavor” that may be there. This is critical for those picky eaters. Which is another reason why these hidden vegetable double chocolate muffins are marvelous, they will never know they (picky eaters) are eating veggies.
Remember to chop the grated zucchini finely so that there won’t be any zucchini strands in the muffins. You can also add in some nuts or chocolate chips to help add more texture to the muffins. I recommend this if you are going to make these often because it will help change up the routine breakfast. Enjoy preparing these Hidden Vegetable Double Chocolate Muffins in just 5 minutes.
- 1 Ripe banana mashed
- 1 large Zucchini grated and chopped finely
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Heaping TBLS Coconut Oil Melted
- 1 Heaping TBLS Honey
- 3 TBLS Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup Dark chocolate chips for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 muffin baking tray with muffin liners and set aside.
2. In a microwave safe bowl microwave the coconut oil and honey. Microwave for 30 seconds and then set aside.
3. In a large bowl mash the ripe banana. Mix with a spatula the grated and chopped zucchini, egg, vanilla bean, and melted coconut oil and honey. Add in the brown sugar, almond and whole wheat flour, baking powder and soda, sea salt, and unsweetened cocoa powder until a smooth batter is formed.