Meal Prep Oat and Fruit Breakfast Jars
Back to School can be so difficult
We have all felt this, whether we are the student or the parent. Back to school is both exciting and tuff. It means routine, alarm clocks, and most importantly prepping in the kitchen to make everyones life easier. Well this is where I come in (lucky you!)! Breakfast is tough when you are getting up at 5:30am, 6:00am, 6:30am, or pushing it until 6:45 am. The sound of the alarm does not make you jump out of bed, especially when you know you have to get into the kitchen and start cooking up a store for breakfast and lunch. This post is here to help you with that and save you major time. Which I hope means that you can snooze the alarm a little bit more.
Oats are a great source of fiber and when you add a variety of toppings it really does feel like you are eating something different every time you make a bowl of oatmeal. Rolled oats are a whole grain, which means they have more fiber and vitamins and minerals. So basically overall healthier for you. This recipe makes 4 different varieties of ready to go already prepped easy oat jars. All you have to do is add the liquid, microwave, and eat. It is really that simple and will definitely keep you healthy, your kids will love it, and you will too because of how easy it is!
Get your kids involved
One way to get your kids to enjoy eating oatmeal, fruit, and or interested in trying new foods is to get them involved. This is what I tell every parent and what I have my mini/jr chefs do. The more they participate the more they are interested in the final product. Have your picky eaters pick and choose the flavors they like best and make their own jars. These back to school meal prep jars are perfect so that everyone in the family has their own that they made and that they like. If you prefer a cold breakfast just add your liquid and let is sit overnight and for breakfast you have ready overnight oats with your favorite toppings!
Back to School Meal Prep Oat and Fruit Jar Breakfast
- 2 cups Rolled Gluten Free Oats Divided between 4 mini mason jars
- 1/2 Kiwi Diced
- 1 TBLS Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1 tsp Chia Seeds
- 1/2 Banana sliced
- 1 tsp Dried Cranberries
- 1 TBLS Raw Walnuts
- 1 tsp Pistachios shelled
- 6-8 Grapes
- 1 tsp or TBLS Organic Peanut Butter
- 1/3 -1/2 cup Milk or Dairy Free Milk per mason jar to prepare
1. Add the rolled gluten free oats into each mason jar.
2. Prepare the mason jars with whatever fruit, nut, nut spread, or dried fruit combo you desire.
3. Add the top and place in the fridge. When ready to prepare, remove the fruit(s) and or toppings, place the oats with the milk/dairy-free milk into a microwave safe bowl. Cook as directed by the instructions of the oat brand. Add back the toppings and serve.
These will keep in the fridge with fruit and toppings for maximum 3 days.
You can also turn these into overnight oats and have them ready cold to eat in the morning.