A wonderful way to balance your liver is to detox. I am not talking juicing detox but a vegetable soup that will help to eliminate toxins from your body and get your way on to balance. It will get rid of additives in foods, foods we have become addicted to, air pollutants, alcohol… and the list goes on and one. We live in a world where we are constantly bombarded with pollutants and destructive matter for our cells. The healthier we keep our cells the more we protect our DNA. When we provide good balanced nutrition for our body we create an environment for our DNA to thrive and express healthy genes versus disease causing genes.
From a nutrition stand point we need to be consuming detoxing items/recipes like this one every 2-3 days. It will help to balance our hormones, detox our liver, and continually recharge our cells with a boost of healthy nutrients.
Ready in no time
This recipe takes no time at all and is wonderful to have a batch in the fridge for the week. You can make it only in 15 minutes, which is a great time saving recipe and you know also that you are having a healthy wholesome meal to refuel and recharge your cells.
15 Minute Asparagus Spinach Detox Soup
- 2 cups Asparagus cut into pieces
- 3 cups Spinach
- 2 TBLS Yellow Onion Minced
- 1 TBLS Olive oil
- 1 cup Vegetable Broth low sodium
- 1/2 tsp Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Avocado, Feta cheese, and or Parsley for garnish
- 1. On the stove top in a pan heat the olive oil to medium heat. Once hot add all the vegetables for the soup. Let this saute for 4-6 minutes until the spinach has wilted and the asparagus and onions have cooked down some.
2. Add your salt, pepper, and vegetable stock. Let this cook for another 4 minutes. Then turn off the heat and carefully pour the soup into a blender or vitamix. Cover the blender and cover the top with a kitchen towel. Turn the blender on high and blend until smooth. Serve immediately and with your desired garnish. *** You can serve this soup cold as well.*** Enjoy!